The PURITAN BENNETT 840 Ventilator is an advanced respiratory support system used in medical settings. With precise control and versatile settings, it delivers critical breathing assistance to patients in need. Designed to cater to various respiratory conditions, it ensures optimal oxygenation and ventilation, contributing to patient care in intensive care units and other healthcare environments.
Puritan Bennett 840 Features
The Puritan Bennett 840 ventilator system that can help patients from neonates to adults. The PB 840 features a PAV system that that helps support a more natural breathing pattern, making it easier for the patient to breath. The Ventilator has an LCD touchscreen display for monitoring where you can view both the data and the ventilation settings at the same time.
- Advanced Technology: Dual View touchscreens, High-performance pneumatics, and dual-microprocessor electronics.
- Easy Upgrades: Software can be upgraded and customized to meet a variety of future clinical needs.
- Enhanced noninvasive ventilation (NIV) for use with a stable respiratory drive.
- Data Integration: Supports communication with all major patient monitoring and hospital information systems for use in electronic data transfer.
- Optional Clinivision® Mobile Patient Charting software provides the ability to practice evidence-based medicine.
- Low Overall Cost of Ownership: The Puritan Bennett 840 Ventilator is engineered with high volume environments in mind. It is durable, reliable, and easy to service.
Covidien 840 Specifications
- Height: 56 In (142.24 cm)
- Width (Wheels in outmost position): 28.5 In (72.39 cm)
- Depth (Wheels in outmost position): 29.5 In (74.93 cm)
- Weight: 162.7 lbs (73.8 kg)
- Operating Time: A new, fully charged 1-hour BPS can operate the ventilator for at least one hour. This 1-hour BPS will not run the compressor or a humidifier. It is recommended that the 1-hour battery pack be replaced every two years.
- Recharge Time: 20-Hours while connected to AC Power
Gas Mixing System
- Range of flow from the mixing system: Can be set to 150 L/min standard temperature and pressure, dry (STPD). Additional flow is available (up to 30 L/min for neonatal circuit type, up to 80 L/min for pediatric circuit type, and up to 200 L/min for adult circuit type) for compliance compensation.
- Leakage from one gas system to another: Meets standard
- Operating pressure range: 35 to 100 psi (241 to 690 kPa)
- Air/oxygen regulator bleed: Up to 3 L/min
Oxygen and Air Inlet Supplies
- Pressure: 241 to 690 kPa (35 to 100 psi)
- Flow: Maximum of 200 L/min
Max Limited Pressure
- 127.5 cmH2O (125 hPa)
Max Working Pressure
- 100 cmH2O (98.1 hPa), ensured by high pressure limit
- 90 cmH2O (pressure-based ventilation)
Minute Volume (VE TOT) Capability
- 25 to 75 L/min
Bacteria Filter Efficiency
- 99.97% for nominal particle size of 0.3 μm (micron) at 100 L/min
- Breath type, delivered O2, end expiratory pressure, end-inspiratory pressure, exhaled minute volume, exhaled tidal volume, I:E ratio, maximum circuit pressure, mean circuit pressure, spontaneous minute volume, total respiratory rate, rapid shallow breathing index, spontaneous respiratory time.
- Modes: Assist/Control, synchronous intermittent mandatory ventilation, or spontaneous
- Respiratory Rates: 1.0 to 100/min
- Inspiratory Pressure: 5 to 90 cm H2O
- Inspiratory Time: 0.2 to 8.0 seconds
- I:E Ratio: ≤ 1:299-4.00:1
- Expiratory Time: Te ≥ 0.2 second
- PEEP: 0 to 45 cm H2O
- Apnea Insp. Pressure: 5 to 90 cm H2O
- Apnea Insp. Time: 0.2 to 8.0 seconds
- Apnea Interva:l 10 to 60 seconds
- Apnea Resp. Rate: 2.0 to 40/min
- Apnea I:E Ratio: ≤ 1.00:1
- Apnea Exp. Time: ≥ 0.2 second
- High Circuit Pressure: 7 to 100 cm H2O
- High Exhaled Min. Vol: 0.1 to 99.9L or OFF
- High Exhaled Tidal Vol: 50 to 3000mL or OFF
- High Respiratory Rate: 10 to 110/min or OFF
- Low Exhaled MandatoryTidal Vol: 5 to 2500 mL or OFF
- Low Exhaled Min. Vol: 0.01 to 60.0L
- Low Exhaled Spontaneous Tidal Vol: 5 to 2500 mL or OFF
- Pneumatic Gas Scource: Air and Oxygen: : Must be supplied at 35-100 psi (241-690 kPa)
- Operating Temperature: 50ºF to 104ºF (10ºC to 40ºC) at 10% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Storage Temperature: -4ºF to 122ºF (-20ºC to 50ºC) at 10% to 95% relative humidity, noncondensing
- Operating Atmospheric Pressure: 10.2 to 15.4 psi (700 to 1,060 hPa)
- Storage atmospheric Pressure: 7.3 to 15.4 psi (500 to 1,060 hPa)
- Operating Altitude: 7.3 to 15.4 psi (500 to 1,060 hPa)
- Storage Altitude: up to 20,000 ft (up to 6,560 m)